T-News: New T-Engine Board to be Available Soon
I just received the latest news mailer from Personal Media Corporation and it’s good to note that another T-Engine board will be available soon. It is tentatively called the “Teaboard”. However, note that this is a T-Engine Appliance (since it does not meet all the specifications of the standard T-Engine, but is based on the T-Engine) that runs an ARM-9 processor. The press release is in Japanese and can be viewed on the PMC website. I have translated the essential parts of the specifications.
The board was exhibited at the ESEC-2005 in Tokyo (29th June, 2005). The cost of the board is 47,250 Yen (45,000 Yen without tax). The availability is August 2005.
The board includes LAN, general purpose I/O, 7-segment LEDs, buttons, switches, etc. It can be used to evaluate the T-Kernel and also for training or learning purposes.
- Small Size – same compact size as the T-Engine
- Equipped with LAN, I/O such as 7-segment LED, LEDs, buttons, etc. Software includes drivers, TCP/IP stack, etc.
- Can be powered from the USB port of a host PC
- Includes training material and sample programs for self study
- Advanced GUI is possible, using optional expansion boards.
Table 1 – Details of the CPU Board
- CPU – Freescale MC9328MX1 (i.MX1, ARM920T, 200MHz)
- ROM – 2 MB
- RAM – 16MB
- SD Card – 1 Slot
- RS-232 – 2x D-Sub9 Channels
- LAN – 10/100 Base-T
- General Purpose Switches – 2 bit push buttons, 4 bit toggle switches, 4 bit DIP switches.
- LEDs – 2x Seven-Segment LEDs, 8-bit LED
- Buzzer – Piezo-electric Buzzer
- Temperature Sensor – -25C ~ +85C
- Input/ Output – D/A, AD Converters, Digital I/O
- Expansion Bus Connector – Local Bus
- Dimensions – 120mm x 75mm (excluding protrusions)
Table 2 – Details of the Software
- T-Monitor – PMC T-Monitor
- T-Kernel – PMC T-Kernel
- T-Kernel Extension – PMC T-Kernel Extension
- Device Drivers – SD Card, RS232C, LAN, etc.
- Middleware – TCP/IP Stack
- CLI – Command Line Interpreter (file operations, batch processing, etc.)
- SD Card Tools for partitioning and formatting SD Cards, etc.
Host-side Development Software (Windows)
- Compiler – GNU C/C++ with support for T-Kernel
- Debugger – GDB (source-level debugger) o Libraries – ANSI C, Libraries for T-Kernel
- Manuals – T-Kernel Specifications, Library Manual, Development Environment manual
- Teaching Material – Sample programs and text.
Table 3 – Options
- Interface Expansion Board – LCD Interface, Touch Panel Interface, Mic input, Speaker output and USB host.
- LCD Board – Requires Expansion Board above. LCD Board costs 47,250 Yen (incl tax)
- PMC T-Shell Software – GUI Middleware that runs on the PMC T-Kernel Extension.
- PMC Press Release – http://www.personal-media.co.jp/press/press/050627_teaboard.html
For more details or to order the board, please contact the sales team at Personal Media Corporation.
1 As always, I have made an effort to ensure that the content available on this site is correct and up to date. However, the content of this page has been translated from a Japanese web-page, and some errors may have occured. If you find any information that is incorrect, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org